Monday, October 12, 2009

Why I created this blog....

New Orleans, Take Me Back To The City I Love!

Back in 1980, the Crescent City took my heart। I was a young single girl working for the Delta Queen Steamboat Company when I first saw the skyline of the city and it took my breath away. From the moment I stepped onto Canal Street I knew I had found my true home. This was a city of life, a city of vibrant people, happy people, people who lived each day to the fullest and appreciated every moment, these were people who loved the Saints no matter how bad the team (which we all know is not the case now WHO DAT!) And the music, my ears discovered WWOZ.ORG ( 90.7FM) a public radio station that brings the soul of the city to your ears!
By 1992, I had a daughter and decided to leave the city to raise her in Pensacola Florida. Later Hurricane Ivan in 2004 put a closure on our time in Florida and my daughter wanted to pursue a high school career at a performing arts school in the field of dance. She selected Cincinnati, Ohio another city on the river. In May of 2009, she graduated high school and I determined it is time to restart my life, living where I want live in the city I love and giving all I have to my passion.
What is my passion, the city of New Orleans! I want the world to know how amazing the city is and what we have to offer. Let us not be remembered because of Katrina, let us be remembered as the "city that care forgot, and we survived and thrived!"
Up next: My journey through life, it will come full circle when I return to New Orleans.
For anyone who is near the Covington, LA area visit the Courthouse Cafe at 415 N. Jefferson. Hours Mon-Fri 10:30 - 2:30, phone: 985-327-5303 or fax: 985-327-5305. Owners: Lindy and Janice Sanders. Recommended item: Fried Green Tomatoes w/Shrimp Remoulade Po-Boy.
Also check out some amazing photography from New Orleans, France, Washington State and Norfolk VA at www.davidcarlgrulke.com . Let me know if you are interested in any of his work.
For music in the Crescent City: Look for Tom Hook you can find his listing at Gambit.com or on WWOZ music update.

8 comments:

  1. Start packing your bags girl!!! You will have more job opportunities than you can count and one lucky person will snap you up! Look out New Orleans, she's coming back!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To kick up your love of the city even more (if that's possible) watch for some photos of New Orleans......coming soon to your blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dahlin Dahlin this blog even takes ME back to the city you love, and it was a bad hair city for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey peeps wassup with y'all? What about support for the New Orleans girl who is longing to get back to the city she loves???? Log on and be a follower, stop being dinosaurs....figure it out and buy the girl a map, a GPS or a ride back...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the Saints ate Dolphin on Sunday, that's what I call coming back! I see Super Bowl in their future! We know you'll be in New Orleans by then to celebrate with the locals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference a day makes! You are one step closer to the Crescent City and the Crescent City is one step closer to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who is your mamma, can she make a roux???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twenty Three Followers who love New Orleans could life be sending you back to the city you love any quicker? The Crescent City will be honored to welcome you back with open arms.

    ReplyDelete