Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Orleans Food Outside New Orleans

Hi All,
I'm in Norfolk Virginia visiting my sister and brother in law for the long weekend. We have enjoyed great laughs, good company and amazing food. On Friday night we visited a restaurant called the Big Easy. We had some amazing oysters and then headed to a restaurant called 456 Fish. The chef, Ronnie Brown makes an amazing Creole sauce. I have to admit it is the only Creole sauce I have had outside of New Orleans that truly captured the flavor, spice and feel of Louisiana cooking. I had Pan Roasted Black Grouper with sweet fried plantains, garlic spinach, creole sauce, balsamic reduction and fried basil, amazing! If you visit the Norfolk area, be sure to frequent the locally owned restaurants in downtown. Heading there today to watch the Saints - Panthers game. GEAUX SAINTS!
Peace