Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras

WHO DAT NATION is still celebrating in the city I love, New Orleans. As I find myself housebound due to inclement weather (9-12 inches of snow) I streamline WWOZ.ORG and catch some great Mardi Gras Music on Lundi Gras. The city has been energized and alive since Super bowl Sunday when the Saints took home the Lombardi Trophy. Sean Peyton, Drew Brees and the entire team showed the nation and the world the tenacity the people of New Orleans have, Drew has been all over the airways expounding the virtues of the city and the people. The Saints are truly a class act under the great direction of Sean Peyton. Over 30,000 people lined the airport route to welcome them home and over 800,000 watched the Saints Parade live. I watched it on CNN.COM and felt the excitement over the internet. Drew reigned at King of Bacchus last night and the projections were for the largest crowds ever. What this team has done for the city and showed the nation is priceless..bless you boys! Perhaps all this strange weather is due to so many people saying “Hell will freeze over if the Saints ever win the Super Bowl” watch what you say and throw into the universe.
Today’s USA Today had a great article about Sidney Torres IV. He is the trash king of New Orleans. Check out the article at: Katrina, Mardi Gras, Super Bowl made him trash king - USATODAY.com He is another example of the people who love the city and are determined to keep moving forward and be energized.
The election in New Orleans has delivered a new Mayor in Mitch Landrieu. This is an exciting time and a time for change.
When I returned from New Orleans, I worked on my vision statement. This is much harder than you could imagine but I finally found the words that felt comfortable and best described me.

Vision Statement

VISION: TO BE A PASSIONATE DRIVING FORCE IN THE REBUILDING OF NEW ORLEANS


Throughout history New Orleans has been blessed with visionaries. Now the future of our once devastated city is in the hands of our community. New Orleans is alive with opportunities for growth and revitalization. The creation of community (common unity) is essential for the city to move forward. By using my passion, determination and love for our city I intend to facilitate bringing groups of people with the same passion together toward our common goal, rebuilding the city of New Orleans.

Whether I work in tourism, marketing, public relations or hospitality I will bring my energy and love for the Crescent City with me.


Now is the time to move, so y’all keep me in mind and forward my blog and resume. Let me know your thoughts as well about the city I love, New Orleans.

Peace